the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Baby BBC

If you're anything like me, you're constantly trying to find shows that are educational and somewhat entertaining (to your toddler) and tolerable (to you). On our roster it's been Peppa Pig (which I love because of the cheeky British humor), Caillou (while good lessons, I still find Caillou's voice annoying - and what's up with him being perpetually bald, anyway?), Masha and the Bear (Russian cartoon that you don't need to know Russian to understand), Wild Kratts (love love love Wild Kratts), and Curious George. In a desperate attempt to avoid watching more of the same, to change it up, and not have to hear another rendition of "Finger Family" I began to look to see if there were other similar shows to Peppa Pig that I could find on the British toddler TV circuit. Because let's face it, I, along most others have a fascination with all things British (including the accent, which I admittedly tried to emulate when I was in London a few years ago). I'm not really a car guru, but one of my favorite shows is BBC's Top Gear (no comment on Jeremy Clarkson's sacking). Anyway, I did quite a bit of poking around and I was only able to find a show called In the Night Garden which is from the same creator of Teletubbies. I'm not sure if I'm yet a fan, but apparently all British toddlers grow up with it. In fact I find it strangely creepy. Maybe it's just me. The digging for quality British toddler shows continues. Here's some helpful links!

http://www.pocketparent.co.uk/kids-tv.shtml

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/corinne-purtill/best-of-toddler-tv_b_2779270.html

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig