the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Cut with Kara Hurston


The Inspiration

With summer just around the corner and the last cut that I had about 6 months ago, I was dying for a cut. As a working mom I wanted something stylish that required little work and would grow in nicely if I didn't have time to get a cut in the next three months. Stylist Kara Hurston over at Shag Salon is my go-to - she's my cousin's stylist and I've always admired her work - so when my previous stylist, Lindsay moved to the West Coast I switched over to Kara and never looked back. She is a miracle worker. She knows hair, she knows style. I love her to pieces and trust her implicitly with my hair. When I showed her the above picture that I pulled from pinterest, she knew exactly what to do to get the look I was looking for. She lobbed off about 3 inches, added some movement and texture and also thinned it out some given how thick my hair is. She also added a slight angle in that the front is just a little longer than the back. I am LOVING it.

The after!

Love the texture and movement!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig