the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Beard Papa in Boston



I used to love going to Japan-based Beard Papa when I was in NYC - there was one in Astor Place and another one near the E line on 23rd Street where I got on the train from my apartment when I was living in NYC. When they began to close was around the time I moved back to Boston, and I was sad I've never have one again. Boston had one early on but it never took off, so it shuttered. This time, Beard Papa very recently reopened in the heart of Chinatown, a much better location given that it's more highly trafficked, though it can be debated that Chinatown's essence is beginning to change due to all of the gentrification going on at the outer seams (as someone who grew up going to Chinatown as a kid, speaking the village language of Toisan that all of its former elder inhabitants spoke, I am not thrilled about that).

In any case, I purchased the 5 of the mini originals. It was so delicious that inhaled them...and forgot to take a picture =( The puff pastry itself is fresh - slightly crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, and the cream itself is PERFECT. I've never had anything that rivals it, ever. I don't usually like cream puffs but I LOVE the Beard Papa ones. So far they only have the original and the green tea - because I know my son isn't a fan of green tea (odd because he loves tea in general) matcha I got all original. No specials yet, but I look forward to when they do - they used to have daily specials, one day it would hokkaido cream, another day milk tea cream, and on another day strawberry cream. Yum.

And while I got all original in trying to be considerate, Kasen didn't want one even though I offered it to him. Kid is SO missing out, but oh well, more for mommy! And lucky for me a fellow yelper did take one of the mini version! 

Beard Papa's - Boston, MA, United States. Mini puff!
Mini Cream Puff!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig