the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Spring Nails



Heavily in rotation for Winter '14/'15 were not surprisingly dark, moody shades. My favorites are Dior's Amazonia (dark army green), Gris Montagne (stormy grey), Nuit 1947 (vampy black red), Chanel Orage (dark blue grey) , Essie Bobbing for a baubles (dark blue grey), OPI's Lincoln Park After Dark (dark purple) and You Don't Know Jacques (a dark taupe grey).

When the temps finally began to inch into the 40s here in Boston moods were finally lifting - and I felt the need to change up my nails! While most moms I'm sure love going to a salon for their manicures I am actually perfectly happy doing it myself. For me it's a guilty pleasure to be able to take a quiet half hour to do it myself at home (this typically happens when Kasen is napping on the weekend). As a result I am not embarrassed to say that I have amassed quite a color collection haha! And I am rather picky about formulas, colors and brushes as one could imagine. My favorite formula and brush, along with highly pigmented colors would have to be from Dior.



However, for trendy colors and just overall versatility Essie and OPI are my go-to's. Enter one of my long time favorites, Essie Clambake - a bright, cheery orange red that I am convinced looks good on everyone. It has a slight gel finish that had friends asking if I got a gel manicure!


The accent nail is a fab gold glitter from Smith & Cult, from the former founder of Hard Candy (how could you forget Hard Candy? Every girl had it in the 90s!). When I had lobbed off more than 8 inches of my long hair for my cut back in January at my favorite rocker chic salon, Shag  (my stylist, Kara is a miracle worker btw) I noticed these polishes. I first came across them in net-a-porter but didn't know where else it was sold. Apparently Shag is the first salon to carry them in Boston! Anyway, I fell in love with the packaging and names of the polishes are awesome. This one is called Bridge & Tunnel - brilliant. I'm currently obsessed with other colors in the collection - Stockholm Syndrome, Vegas Post Apocalyptic (a great dupe for Chanel's Pepite!), Cut the Mullet, Feed the Rich, and Pillow Pie.



For the base coat I religiously use Butter London's nail foundation and for top coat Essie's good to go - it dries quickly and sets your polish!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig