the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Conversations with Kasen

Conversation #1: Kasen and his Dunkin Donuts



Conversation #2: Get out of my Chair, Dad
[Ken and I are having a conversation at the dinner table after dinner, and Kasen comes over to Ken.]
Daddy: Yes Kasen?
Kasen: Get out of my chair, Dad. I want to sit here.

Conversation #3: Pops with Dad
[I'm in the middle of washing dishes and Kasen comes up to me.]
Kasen: Want something, Mom.
Mommy: What do you want, Kasen?
Kasen: I want a pop!
[I stop what I'm doing and go to the freezer.]
Mommy: Ok, what kind of pop do you want?
Kasen: This one! The fishy one!
[Kasen grabs a whale pop. I make the motion to put it back in the freezer.]
Kasen: No! Want another one for Dad!
Mommy: Kasen, why don't you ask Dad first?
Kasen to Dad: Dad, do you want pop?
Daddy: No thanks Kasen, I don't want pop.
Kasen: You want pop! You want pop!
Daddy: Ok, ok, I want pop.
[Kasen gets the diver pop for his Dad and brings it over to him.]
Kasen: Cheers, Dad! Do you like pop? You like pop!
Daddy: Uh, yes, I like pop.

Conversation #4: Boogies in the Car
[I had just put Kasen in his car seat as Ken was dropping Kasen off to the in-laws while we were at work]
Mommy: Kasen, you have a big boogie in your nose! May I help you pick it?
Kasen: Okay, mom.
[And I dig and dig, and out it comes]
Mommy: Woah, Kasen! I got a big one!
Daddy: Wow, it is this [shows his index and forefinger together] big!
Kasen: No Dad, that's too small! It's THIS [stretches out his entire left hand] BIG!

Conversation #5: The Vegetable Chair
[Ken goes down into Kasen's room and sits on what Kasen calls his "vegetable" chair - which is really the IKEA kids stepping stool]
Kasen: Daddy, that's baby's vegetable chair. It's not for daddy and mommy. It's for baby only!!!
Daddy: Oh! Sorry Kasen!
[Kasen sticks out pinky]
Kasen: Promise you do not sit on the vegetable chair next time?

Conversation #6: Making Mum Mum
[Kasen and Ken are in Kasen's room playing in the kitchen. Kasen picks up the phone and hands it to Ken]
Kasen: I'm too busy making mum mum. You pretend to talk on the phone, Dad.
Daddy: Kasen, it's for you.
[Ken hands the phone to Kasen.]
Kasen: Hello! I'm busy. I'm cooking mum mum. Bye!
[Kasen hangs up the phone]

Conversation #7: Aibo and the Elephant
[Kasen is lining up his animal figurines in his room. Aibo walks up to Kasen's elephant.]
Kasen: Daddy!!! Aibo is trying to eat the elephant!
[Kasen takes elephant and puts it on shelf...then decides to take elephant and brings it to Ken.]
Kasen: Daddy, can you hold the elephant so Aibo doesn't eat the elephant?

Other phrases:
"Good idea!"
"Interesting...."
"Ginginra" is a "Gorilla"
"Vinvinra" is "Vanilla"
"Mommy, how about I read you a book? Once upon a time..."

Happy weekend, err body!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig