the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Friday, March 6, 2015

Five for Friday

Happy Friday! Spring's just around the corner - don't forget to "spring forward" your clocks this weekend!



1. Earl Grey Tea Latte. I recently installed the Starbucks app on my new iPhone 6 Plus for work and noticed the Earl Grey Tea Latte on the menu. I'm Asian, so naturally I love nai cha (Cantonese for milk tea). I also love tea anything - green tea, black tea, earl grey tea, passion tea. I've been drinking a ton of coffee lately so this was a nice change. Strong for some, I imagine with its notes of Lavender and Bergamot. But I love it. Delicious.


2. Smith's Rosebud salve. I swear by this stuff. Great for mommy, great for baby (or rather, toddler. I just keep forgetting he's not little anymore). It heals everything, it's great for lipbalm, and it smells amazing. It soothes dry skin and is perfect for my son's face when it gets dry. I got it for all of my girlfriends in the goodie bags for one of my best friend's destination bachelorette in Las Vegas just so they would stop stealing mine. And it's affordable at $6.


3. Pipcorn mini popcorn in Truffle. So good. I haven't found it at our local Whole Foods but found it at Bee's Knees in Boston. It's a brother/sister duo that was recently featured in Shark Tank. Yum!



4. YumEarth Organic Pops. My toddler has suddenly discovered the world of candy. Noooo -_-! In the last week he's asked for a lollipop or a piece of chocolate daily. I feel a little less guilty with these delicious organic pops from YumEarth. We got ours from Amazon but was happy to discover that our local Whole Foods carries them!


5. Why Indian Food is So Awesome. I used to find the flavors too strong for my taste, but now I find myself craving chicken tikka masala with nan, as does my little man. Who needs reconstituted chicken fingers when your toddler wants to eat wholesome, delicious Indian food? My thoughts exactly! Given that my family's roots can be traced back to China and less obviously Myanmar (formerly known as Burma), there is some overlap in vocabulary as the Burmese also use the word nan for bread and aloo for potato. More on Burmese food later!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig