the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Sunday, April 8, 2012

[28 weeks] The Start of the 7th Month

As Baby Zhao grows, he's starting to push on my bladder more and more - resulting in more frequent trips to the loo! It also means I can't sleep through the night because I have to get up a couple of times to use the bathroom. What's worse is that when I do try to fall back asleep, I can't - my husband is a notorious snorer, so trying to fall asleep while there is a symphony of snores going on in the background is impossible. According to all of my baby books Baby Zhao now weights about 2.5 lbs. He's getting there!

In addition to bladder woes, oddly I've become prone to achiness in my back and oddly, in my tailbone especially if I sit for long periods. It's not a pleasant feeling when I try to pry myself off the chair. Not so fabulous!

My current cravings are still fruits, though right now I seem to have a particular inkling for fresh, sweet strawberries. But really, any fruit will do! I am most nervous however for my glucose test this coming Friday where I am tested for Gestational Diabetes. My father in law developed type II diabetes in his late 30s, but in my family diabetes have come at old age (my paternal grandmother developed type II diabetes into her 70s). otherwise my family has had no major problems - i'm crossing my fingers, as gestational diabetes apparently affects 4% of pregnant women. interestingly in my circle of pregnant friends it's had a much higher occurrence, which naturally has me worried.

Here I am at 26 weeks - he's starting to hang lower and lower!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig