the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Monday, April 23, 2012

[30 weeks] No Gestational Diabetes!

I got the call on Tuesday, April 17th from the hospital that my bloodwork came back normal for gestational diabetes, but that my test results showed that I was a little deficient in iron. While no Rx was needed, I ended up having to call up my local CVS to put in a special order for Ferrex 150, an iron supplement. I'm now taking one once a day opposite from the time that I usually take my pre-natals with DHA. But in any case, I am ecstatic - that means I can still have carbs and dessert with no restrictions! Though I must say I haven't been going haywire with it because in all honesty, I've been craving salads and fresh vegetables for the past few days.

My back is still aching and hurting, but what can I do - it is what it is! So far, so good.

My next post will be on our reviews of strollers - stay tuned!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig