the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

[26 weeks] Stylish Maternity Wear

Over the course of the last 3 or 4 months as my skinny jeans neglected to fit me anymore to accommodate my growing belly and junk in the trunk, I've had the most difficult time trying to find bottoms that I liked to get me through winter and early spring. I've mostly resorted to inexpensive black and gray maternity leggings from Old Navy and maternity leggings from H&M. But finding skinny jeans were a complete nightmare. Everything I tried on from the maternity section of Old Navy and GAP are ill-fitting and also don't come in colors that I find to be standard (dark denim anyone?), and at the advice of the customer service rep at the Levi's Store at the Natick Collection she suggested that I check out the super low rise 535 junior's denim jeggings. They don't sell them in the stores, so I had to order them online. In my search I got desperate and decided to give them a try. Given that they are junior's size I decided to size up one to two extra sizes from my normal size. I got them last week and alas again they are ill-fitting :(

Until I came across one of my favorite denim brands. It's funny because initially. I had vowed to not buy any of the more expensive jeans but after so little luck I was determined to find at least one pair that I coveted. The best I have found so far are the J Brand Mama J Skinny Maternity Jeans, in Olympia (indigo-black wash) and in Polish (dark denim wash). They have been a godsend! They fit like a dream and I love the elastic side inserts that grow with you. I wish I had gone with these in the first place! And the best part - you can order your normal size. A little pricey - but totally worth the investment to not deal with the headache. FINALLY. flattering denim skinnies for preggoes!




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig