the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Kasen's Dinosaur Themed Birthday Party



After a whole week of fearing that the weekend was going to be a total washout with rainstorms, Sunday ended up being humid and a high of what felt like 100 degrees (Close enough! It was probably around 92 degrees). The party was held at Arsenal Park - I had applied for a permit for three covered picnic tables and double grill that was right by the kids' sprinkler and toddler playground. We had giant dinosaur cutouts, a dinosaur egg hunt filled with dinosaur figurines, dinosaur stamps and dinosaur stickers. The favors were sand castle pails (a nod to summer!) filled to the brim with all of Kasen's favorites - fubble bubbles (Target/Amazon), play-doh (Amazon), dinosaur squishimals (from Target), strawberry or chocolate pocky (from our neighborhood Chinese market!), dinosaur shaped mini crayons) (Krazeekrayons on Etsy) dinosaur silly bandz (Amazon), dinosaur masks (from Amazon!) and of course a Curious George book (he loves to read). The dinosaur tags were from Matdi123 of Etsy. The birthday banners were ones that I gotten about two and a half years ago from LittleSpeckledFrog of Etsy - the main purpose was to reuse them every year! They're made out of light and dark denim, and are custom! To date it has been one of my favorite purchases. I love them! I also ordered extra colorful banners from Pearl and Jane of Etsy for more parties to come. The food was catered by Ken's friend Rambo Ren - he's a true master griller and chef! He kicked up a notch the usual BBQ fare - I'm still thinking about his lemongrass pork chops and curry chicken skewers. Yum. The cake was from Daniel's Bakery - white cake with strawberry jam and whipped cream frosting. Delectable! We had so many people ask where it was from. I had the cake decorators there just create the dinosaur world background for me (volcanoes and greenery galore!) for me since I had my own ideas for decorating it. I purchased the acrylic Dinosaur toppers and the lettering for Kasen's name from MissSarahCake of Etsy. The common theme here? Amazon (Prime is a must). Target. Etsy. My favorite combo for the busy working mom on the go, hah!












SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig