the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Babies on Boards - Kasen the Minishredder



I'll be honest. I am still not sure whether or not Kasen will love snowboarding as much as I do. And I don't know if he will face negativity on the hill for starting as young as I am planning to this coming winter. This dad's one concern echoes my thoughts perfectly. Burton however has this great new program to get kids riding early and I'm hoping he'll catch on quick. In our neck of the woods there is one in Mount Snow and another at Jay Peak.

The Burton Riglet Park program
Last winter I wanted to bring him, but we didn't have any gear for him, so I was bummed. So when the chance came to pick out some cool gear for him, we got some. 

This will be us next year!
Burton Chopper 80cm and Burton Grom Bindings
Honestly, how cool are those bindings? I want a pair! We scored some pretty amazing haul at a weekend trip to Wrentham. I love that we are looking for winter gear in the middle of summer. We were the only ones in the Burton outlet store. Because of the small size it looks so much like a skateboarding deck. Ken wanted to get Kasen the Chopper in the 90cm so that he can ride it for longer (kids grow so fast these days) but remembering how I first learned how to ride a shorter board was much easier to overpower, which allowed me to gain confidence quicker and progress faster. Because them getting it early on is more important so that they will want to do it in the years to come, the shorter board was the way to go. I'm super stoked for him to get Kasen on the (bunny) hill.



This deck is AWESOME.

I wish they made adult bindings like this!
I couldn't find the Riglet reel in the store so I had to purchase it online.


Now, do I need to get this beginner board to get him all prepped and ready to go? Hmm.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig