the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Convenience + Comfort: The Birkenstock Arizona SFB Sandal





A quick update given a new purchase this morning! I've never really bought into the idea of Birkenstocks- I've always found them just a bit too hippy. However, after having recently planned a Royal Caribbean cruise in the Southern Caribbean for my extended family as my grandmother isn't getting younger (she's 82 and is a cancer survivor, more on the trip later!), I decided to cave and get some comfortable sandals (not flip flops!) that were slip on as opposed to ones I needed to buckle on (let's face it, I have a toddler and I have no time to do that!). I do love how it's coincided with the whole convenience and comfort trend. Bring it, I'm all about it!

Thus, with the trip looming in early May I decided to embark on a search for the perfect pair. It's pricey at $135, but from what I've seen they last for years, and they are also made in Germany. MADE IN GERMANY! As my mechanical engineer husband would say who appreciates German engineering like no other - Germans are perfectionists and obsessive about thoughtful about ergonomics. I think he would approve, and I wonder if he might even want a pair...though we'll see as we get closer to summer because he is picky about his style as well. 

Anyway, while I settled on the Birkenstock Arizona Soft Foot Bed version (it's $10 more, but the extra foam layer I hear does wonders for your feet) I still couldn't decide on the colors. I love the look of patent leather, but found both the White Patent and Black Patent equally as appealing. The white is gorgeous and fresh and of course as my luck would have it, white is backordered at Nordstrom (free shipping and returns!) but black was available - I ended up ordering both in 38 M US. I have a rather wide foot, and after reading many reviews I decided the M (which is regular) vs. the N (which is narrow) would fit best. Looking forward to its arrival!

Birkenstock Arizona SFB in White Patent

Birkenstock Arizona SFB in Black Patent

In addition to the patent after trolling more reviews and blogs I also found the SFB version in Amalfi Leather just as gorgeous - it's crisp and slightly shiny, but not as shiny as the Patent one. I decided to make a decision once they all arrive, and will do a side by side review then!



Birkenstock Soft Footbed Black Amalfi Leather  Arizona
Birkenstock Arizona SFB Black Amalfi Leather
Stay tuned!






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig