the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Sunday, February 15, 2015

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies. Ever.

We were snowed in with yet another blizzard crippling Boston, and I was so bored out of my mind that I decided to get baking again. It had been ages since I busted out my KitchenAid Stand Mixer to do any baking. The most recent baking I had done had been for Flour Bakery's Banana Bread (best banana bread ever, by the way. And Joanne Chang is so inspiring!). Whenever I have overripe extra bananas I make sure to bake some. It's such an easy recipe that I make so often I've practically memorized the recipe.



With Kasen asking me for cookies more often I decided to forgo buying the pre-made easy bake ones from the store and instead make my own to freeze for later. I came across the recipe from Host the Toast, which yielded insanely delicious cookies. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The key is using melted better and allowing the dough to chill and let the flavors seep into one another. Mine are clearly nowhere near as pretty (with a toddler constantly badgering me to either "play playdoh/do a puzzle/ask when the cookies are done" it was hard for me to be the normal perfectionist I usually am!) they sure did taste amazing, especially with a glass of cold, creamy milk.

Host the Toast's Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe 

The other recipe that I had been meaning to try is Cupcakes & Cashmere's posted recipe. It's a blog that I follow religiously from a lifestyle perspective but bookmarked to try another time. The only issue is that it requires cake AND bread flour - which makes it a bit difficult for me as they're not normal pantry items, at least for our household. It also requires patience because the dough needs to be refrigerated for a couple of days. But I will try it at some point and post pictures!

Cupcakes & Cashmere Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig