the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Friday, January 3, 2014

Shoes for Toddler Boys

I struggled with finding shoes for my then 1 year old who was starting to walk (around June 2013/July 2013, so during the summer). What could I get that was the next best thing to bare feet that would also be very stylish? And you can't buy shoes in advance as you don't know what size they will be when they started walking (I learned this the hard way. I have a bunch of cute Converse that were uncomfortable and don't fit....what do I do with them!?). 

After much research, I chose Pediped over Stride Rite. I just found that they were better for my son's feet, and he walked so much better in them. We tried the Stride Rite and he often stumbled in them. We started with the Pediped Originals when he FIRST just started to walk, then moved onto the Grip N Go's. The first pair he wore when he started walking was the Hayden Original in Grey/Blue and the Adrian Original in Grey/Blue/Red. My favorites and the ones that my 17 month old is wearing now is the Hayden Grip N Go in Navy. Kasen is wearing them in a size 5.5 (EU 21) currently. As he gets more confident with his walking in shoes (he's running at home now in his bare feet), I anticipating having to get an entirely different type of shoe. At this point however the Grip N Go's have been great and I anticipate using them at least for the next year (I have another pair of Hayden's in 6.5).



Pediped Adrian Original
Pediped Hayden Original

Pediped Hayden Grip N Go 

For the winter, I fell in love the the Baby Bogs. They were perfect for yucky weather and easy to get on. I purchased them a half size bigger at size 6 in the orange camo at LL Bean. I also got the Northwoods Boots in the event that he wants to play in the snow (which we have not yet let him do because it has been too cold in the last two snowstorms).

Baby Bogs in Orange Camo
Northwoods Boots

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig