the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Starbucks' Passion Tea Lemonade

I typically get a grande caramel macchiato or a venti passion tea lemonade with one less pump of the classic. During the holidays I have really begun to love the caramel brulee latte. But on Saturday morning I had quite a few cups of coffee at home already and was jolted with lots of caffeine - and Kasen I know loves to enjoy what I am too enjoying, so I make choices at SBUX based on that fact. We pretty much share everything since he has moved on from pureed and soft foods, so he can have everything (within reason, no caffeine, no excess sugar) that I am having.

Today, I decided to get a venti Passion Tea Lemonade with four pumps of classic. I just love the combo of the passion tea and the lemonade. You can't get any better than this. I usually get this in the summer or if I can no longer have anymore caffeine because my body is maxed out. As I was about to drink it, Kasen reached out for it, asking me to give it to him. I relented, because that's what mommy's who want their babies to be happy (again, within reason) do. Plus I'm all about exploration (more on that kind of parenting style later). I think this is the first time he's had it - before I would get an extra iced water in Starbucks cup with the straw just for him. Maybe it's letting him grow up too fast, but I figure that if he gets to have almost anything he wants he won't abuse anything (much like kids who've never had a drink go nuts in college).

Anyway, he loves the PTL. I think the appeal is also partially due to the fact that he enjoys putting the straw in and out of the hole. Funny kid.




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig