the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Bath Time Should be...Lots of Fun?

Ever since we transitioned Kasen to a mini tub within the "big boy tub" from his 4MOMs clearwater bathtub right around 7-8 months because he simply didn't fit it anymore, since then he's signficantly more fidgety (and rightfully so - since then crawled, cruised, and now walks). I nearly have a heart attack everytime he tries to touch the bathtub faucet, lean over and splash the water in the clean water bucket, or stand up and try to stick his foam animal cutouts from boon on the wall. It's a nightmare to bathe him now, yet I still do it every night, and I try to calmly clean him best I can. Recently my husband suggested I wash his hair first (and use a wash cloth to rinse away the soap....pouring water over his face is not an option - he gets SO pissed), then his body because at least he will stay somewhat still for the first minute, and once he starts getting more mobile I can at least wash his body. Sigh. Who knew this could be a subject all its own?

Anyway, yesterday's bath was most fun of all. We have had the Nuby Floating Turtle Bath Tub Toy that when you scoop water into it, it creates a waterfall. Kasen loves it. He puts both hands underneath it to try and catch the streams of water. He had been doing that since the days we used the Cleanwater over the sink tub and he continued to do it with the mini tub. I usually will

do it a few times towards the end of the bath, but this times I did it in the beginning. When I stopped and put the toy back into the water, to my surprise Kasen grabbed the toy, looked at me, and handed me the toy, saying "Buh." - basically asking me to do it again. I did this again, and Kasen repeated the same action several times throughout bath time. Love it!




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig