the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Mommy Style Files

Even though I'm a new mommy, I refuse to sacrifice style, and if anything I have an even more discerning eye now than ever before. Read: more picky! Lately I have been really into Miu Miu's Vitello Lux bow bag:



I have it in Argilla (a lavender smoky gray) and more recently, in Palissandro (a soft camel brown). 
The crazy thing is that I want it in more colors! Both of these bags are the glazed leather versions - I think the next one will likely be the unglazed version, maybe in a lighter gray if I can get my paws on it. I love that it is so roomy - there's a generous pocket inside with an additional cell pocket. Great for stashing a bottle and a bib and even his diaper changing kit on the go if we're not toting the giant diaper bag. It is a little heavy because it is an all leather bag, but it's high quality and can hold heaps of well, anything.


I am also loving Gorjana's alphabet coin necklace that's exclusive to shopbop. I got it in my initial, C, and one in my son's initial, K (which double's up as my husband's initial too!) so that I can layer them. The lengths are adjustable, so you can wear one a little higher and another one a little lower - so stylish!



I'm so happy that I am able to fit into my jeans again - breast feeding has been a huge help in terms of helping me melt my baby poundage away (I'm losing about one pound a week!). For awhile I gave up purchasing expensive jeans, mostly looking for cheap and inexpensive jeggings from Uniqlo and Levi's, until that is I found out that Seven for all Mankind makes cropped skinny denim jeans that fit wonderfully and don't need to be hemmed. I'm short and trying to find an inseam of 30" or less is difficult because I can't be bothered to find a tailor to have them hemmed. My favorite style as of late is the Cropped Gwenevere!


My most recent and fun purchase however was for the J.Crew excursion vest in fuchsia. I couldn't help but be drawn to the color - it's so cheery! For mild fall days, instead of wearing a jacket throwing this vest over a long sleeve works wonders and is so stylish to boot.




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig