the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Sunday, June 10, 2012

[36 weeks] Almost There!

Ah, the 36 week mark. Almost there! Our OB says I am continuing to measure fairly large (in terms of the fundal height) and as a result they are pushing up our ultrasound from the standard 38 week mark a week earlier to 37 weeks. We'll have a glimpse as to how the little guy is doing, and how he's measuring. As anxious I've been about his size I'm excited to see my little man again.

We had our baby shower this weekend - what a blast! Many thanks to all of our friends and family who came out and showered Baby Zhao with endless love and gifts. We are so grateful for your support!

Maternity fashion can be both so drab and expensive. I've been scouring Gap Maternity and Old Navy for some fabulous maxi dresses and found the softest, most comfortable maxis for summer that I can wear now and post-maternity that are still incredibly stylish and on trend. I love the idea of double duty!

As of late I've been obsessed with striped maxi dresses:



The one above is from ALC retails for a whopping $299.99.





I found my version at Old Navy for $24.50 just this past weekend. Score! I also bought it in a cobalt blue, though my fave is clearly the striped version.






My next purchase was for two of Gap Maternity's Pocket Maxi dresses - I purchased one in black and in gray. So soft, and they fit perfectly. I normally have a problem with maxi dresses with extra drag since I'm short, but the length was perfect. I would have bought more if there were more colors! Would have been nice to get a coral or cobalt blue color.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig