the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Monday, March 7, 2016

Spring 2016 Zara Buys

I'm always on the lookout for some stylish (and budget) buys to add to my toddler boy's (and soon to be newborn girl) wardrobe. Everyone always asks how Kasen looks so pulled together, all of the time. I admit I probably spent a little bit more on Kasen's clothes than your average parent, but at the same time I'm not blowing our budget on pricey items that he'll only wear once. I stalk sales for basics on Carter's, Old Navy, Uniqlo and Gap while getting select trendy items from H&M, J.Crew Crewcuts, and Zara.  I love Boden boys' clothes but it's insanely pricey - the most it ever goes on sale is if there is 20% off, but lately I've been buying select items off Buy/Sell/Trade Facebook groups with other moms - I have found a treasure trove of gently used items in excellent condition at really amazing prices. As a whole though, I mostly buy on sale or use extra % off coupons (for example, never buy on Gap and Old Navy unless there's a 40% sale! And Carter's wait for a 50% off sale plus an extra 20-25% off coupon on your entire order! J.Crew I wait for final sales to stock up for the next season - I nabbed winter sweaters in size 4-5 for 75% off!) Shoes I hardly splurge on - I stopped buying meaningfully ahead and instead will only buy the next size up when I see a sale (so for example, Kasen is a toddler 9 now - I'm shopping for size 10). I've had the best luck on Finishline.com for Nike Free 5.0's (lightweight, stylish colors, and velcro fastenings), with sneakers that range from $19.99 to $24.99. I've never paid more for Nikes, which are the shoes that he (and I) have found most comfortable for him for on and off playground. I've splurged here and there for items like Emu Australia Creature Boots (they're so worth it - I bought several sizes up when Gilt had a big sale) or insanely stylish Frye leather high tops for Kasen, but those are typically few and far between. Lastly So there are tricks to saving money, but honestly alot of it is about how you put it together.

Zara had on clearance baby girl knit boleros for $5.99, so I bought a few in 6-9 months and 9-12 months for our newborn daughter - in pink, raspberry, and dark turquoise. You can never have too many of these staples! I recently also loaded up on side snap onesies, rompers, and dresses from Carter's and buy one get one free leggings in several prints and colors and sizes from H&M (online of course, what working mom has time to go to a bricks & mortar!)

Knit bolero  Image 1 of Knit bolero from Zara   Image 1 of Knit bolero from Zara

For Kasen I nabbed a very cool stars t-shirt and two print pants - one in the star print (which has consistently sold out - everytime it comes back in stock I try to buy it and it's sold out again!) and this awesome lightning print:

Image 2 of Stars T-shirt from Zara
Zara Stars T-Shirt

Image 1 of Stars trousers from Zara
Zara Star Trousers 

Image 1 of Plush lightning trousers from Zara
Zara Plush Lightning Trousers

And I admittedly I have been eyeing this geometric tote - I'm typically very picky about bag brands , but I loved the shape of this so much - and the fact that it looks very Céline - that at a $39.99 price point I was more than happy to pick one up. Doesn't look more expensive than it really is?

Image 1 of GEOMETRIC TOTE from Zara
Zara Geometric Tote
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig