the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Thursday, February 25, 2016

[27 weeks]

Has it really been 2 months since I last posted on my pregnancy? Unacceptable!

In any case, let's just say that not much has changed, except that I'm just getting larger and more uncomfortable;) I have a short torso so I'm showing much earlier and larger than most folks, so everyone thinks I'm due shortly. I've also gotten alot of comments about how I must be having a girl because I'm carrying so high - while everyone's a critic and no one can keep their thoughts to themselves (ha!), I do wonder about scientifically why that is the case. Anyone?

This time around I've had very little cravings compared to when I was carrying Kasen. But I still love fruits and salads!

I've gotten alot of check-ins from friends to see how I'm doing asking if I'm miserable, and honestly I'm not;) This pregnancy has been relatively easy (Kasen was pretty easy too, barring the horrible nausea I had in the first trimester and the fact that he was 10 days late past his due date), so I haven't had much to complain about. I'm actually very excited!

Here is baby girl Zhao in all her glory - I had my ultrasound with maternal fetal medicine last week to see how things were going. She's growing nicely all around and is proportional. She is in the 40th percentile - her brother was in the 50th percentile, so I'm secretly happy she will likely not be as big at birth (7 lbs and 5.2 ounces from a person who is 5'1.5" is not easy to deliver!). She loves touching her face as you can see her putting her entire arm right underneath her chin, and again in the picture below where you can see her fist. We think that she has Ken's family nose (note the high bridge and deeper set eyes) and my lips again, compared to her big brother - Kasen has Ken's upper half (eyes, eyebrows, forehead, cheekbones and ears) and my lower half (bridge, nose, and lips). Can't wait to meet her!

Today I'll be doing my gestational diabetes test (usually done at 28 weeks, but I'm doing it a little early as my OB is out of the office next week) - super sugary sweet orange drink here I come!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig