the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Friday, June 19, 2015

Five For Friday




1. The Purple Velvet Donut.
I want one! Only on the West Coast for now, but hopefully it is as ubiquitous as the Cronut to spin off Kronuts, Dossaints and the like. I also love me some red velvet donuts, and I love the color purple, so I had to share.



2. Daily Table.
One of my husband's biggest pet peeves is food waste - we're constantly trying to figure out ways to cut it down. I'm also happy to see people take charge with this problem in our own backyard, especially after French supermarkets have successfully marketed "ugly yet delicious" produce. I'm also thrilled it's helping low income families. Daily Table in Dorchester is doing just that. When my family came to United States from Rangoon, Burma we had nothing but the determination of living the American Dream. We were lucky to have access to low income housing and Head Start to get us off the ground. I can proudly say that because of this support - and of course sheer hard work - we are who we are today, but no matter what I am always supportive and am looking for ways to give back to the community that gave us so much.

kinds of mom friends8

3. 14 Types of Mom Friends.
This link made me laugh, because we all know we have different kinds of mom friends out there. Ha!

Nike Roshe One - Boys' Toddler

4. Nike Roshe Run Toddler.
I'm in love with Nike's Roshe Runs and Free 5.0's for my toddler. They're light, easy to put on (he puts them on himself now!), are great for his feet, and super stylish. They're not cheap at around $50, but when they go on sale I stock up in several colors and sizes and take advantage of the free shipping. Usually when they go on sale they are around $24.99 to $34.99. Or, we hit up Nike Factory at the outlets, and sometimes you can find ones as low as $19.99. I don't believe in paying full price, ever. Especially for kids' clothes and accessories!




5. Why Women are Judged Far More Harshly Than Men for Leaving Work Early.
If you never felt guilty you're lying. It's a constant struggle and when someone finally addressed it I felt the need to share it with my fellow moms!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig