the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Geek in the Making

Hello...I'm here to help you with your IT networking issues! Haha. This is the comment he had for baby Kasen when he gave him a full onceover of his tie/pocket protector with glasses onesie.


Our little mister always seems to know when we are taking a picture of him and often looks straight at the camera and smiles. I don't know where he learned all of these things! He's been like that since he was a wee little peanut.

Today we were supposed to go to a friend's house for a Christmas baby gathering but it turned out one of our friends' daughters had caught bronchitis. Since Kasen was the youngest of all of the babies, and his immune system was the least developed (he's not around alot of other children since he does not go to daycare), we decided to opt out. It's a bummer because we were all really looking forward to it.

In lieu of this we went to the Natick Collection in hopes of catching Santa! Sadly no luck as we just missed him, but it was good to have some family time out of the house. We took Kasen out of his carseat (I can't wait until he can fully sit up so we can put him in the actual Baby Jogger stroller seat) during our dinner at Wasabi - conveyer belt sushi, which honestly is not that good compared to Hong Kong - and he was absolutely having the time of his life. He looked around nonstop, was totally absorbing everything in. I held him as we walked through the mall while my husband pushed the stroller. And when very pretty shop girls came over to say hi to him he move his eyebrows and smiled wide. HAHAHA. I'm in trouble. Deep trouble!

The news on Friday late morning were so disturbing that I thought I was going to lose my breakfast. They are children, they are innocent, and they had their whole lives ahead of them. How anyone could be sick enough to do the things that they did that day are beyond me. When POTUS spoke, I sobbed and my heart ached. Now that we are parents - this hits closer than ever before. While I am a proponent of our civil liberties - political issues aside, there needs to be more strict gun laws so that diseased minds cannot get a hold of these, as these kinds of tragedies have to stop. This simply is not acceptable, especially from a nation this great. 

We pray for Newtown, CT and our hearts and thoughts are with you.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig