the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Monday, September 3, 2012

Kasen's 7 Weeks Old!




it's so funny how now how i notice everything baby that much more (and even my mom, or rather kasen's grandma does too). for example: we're taking a stroll at our local mall, the Natick Collection and i'm noticing the age of the babies, the types of strollers the mommies are pushing them in, what cute baby clothes they are wearing...all things I NEVER noticed before.

Kasen's 7 weeks old as of this past Friday, and he hit all kinds of milestones that we were surprised by. When he was about 5.5 weeks old I started to notice that everytime we changed his diaper in his diaper changing table he'd start to stare off into space. "Space" was really these fabulous blue, red, and white curtains my mom bought for Kasen's room. He all of a sudden one day started to coo - i.e. ooh's and aah's in the direction of the curtain. He proceeded to do it everytime after that, and then started to smile and laugh at it! I had to go to Chicago that weekend and my parents stayed over to help my husband care for the little guy and the floodgates for his babbling exploded - he started babbling to my dad (his grandpa, or goong goong!), and since then it's been nonstop. Anyone could have a conversation with him and he'd babble back. It's just incredible.

Just last week we went over to the in-laws (his maa maa and yeh yeh!) and my MIL would play with him while holding him - and all of a sudden he broke out in the biggest mouthed smile! Gosh I wish we caught it on camera! It's amazing. By 6 weeks he was already babbling and starting to smile. I honestly can't wait for what's to come.

Lately I've done an inventory of Kasen's clothes as he is already outgrowing his 0-3 month onesies (sad face). It's so bittersweet to put all of his stuff away. I brighten at the fact that perhaps someday in the near future we'll be able to use it for baby girl zhao, baby boy zhao #2...but let's work with what we have first :) He didn't have much 3-6 month clothes, and since fall/winter is coming up that meant we had to start looking for cold weather outfits. What did that mean? That my credit card is racking up those travel points as I went mad buying just the cutest stuff at Baby Gap, Old Navy, and my new favorite, Mini Boden! The clothes are well made, super cute, and insanely stylish. I like that unlike Baby Gap and Old Navy they are not afraid to use lots of colors. I will post some of his outfits once it comes. So excited to put him in some of the cutest stuff ever. My favorite is this tee from Mini Boden - since it's a British clothing company there's a nice little nod to tradition in their clothes. And everyone knows my obsession with all things British. LOVE!





And while Kasen's not quite on his feet yet I can't help but go crazy over the cute Converse baby shoes.  We have a good friend who is one of the designers and is willing to let us use his discount. We already purchased the all-stars in black in our last trip to Wrentham just before Kasen was born - can't wait to put these on his little feet!

I'm also obsessed with the Converse Chuck Taylor Boot

And the Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Street Ox

And with the weather getting cooler as fall soon descends upon us with winter not far behind, part of me also wants to get him some Uggs to keep his little feet warm. Is it impractical? What do you think?









SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig