the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Monday, November 9, 2015

Back from Hiatus

Sorry for the temporary lapse! I have some big news - we're 12 weeks along, due May 22! But it's been a tough pregnancy not because of severe morning sickness but the fact that I've just been tired all of the time - between working full-time, taking care of my ever demanding toddler (he's 3 and seems to have endless energy), and we're also in the midst of moving. We're demolishing our house and are constructing a new one! More on that, later. Surprisingly my morning sickness has been kept to a minimum for a majority of the first trimester, which is a big change from having been sick constantly when I was carrying Kasen.

But in the last day I've been dealing with an unusual bout of morning sickness. But thanks to these ginger candies from Bare Food I've been faring along quite nicely! And thanks to my wise, sagely mom who boiled me some ginger in water and added it to a lemon and ginger green tea. Way to go, Mom!

Since we're nearly moved into my in-laws for the next 9 months being able to escape to my mom's in NH has been a Godsend. Kasen had a blast this past weekend, riding a merry-go-round at the market to building a cardboard rocket ship (kids and their love of personal covered spaces...remember our makeshift tent?) to helping peel potatoes (he saw me with potatoes in hand and said "mommy, I want to help you pai!" pai = peel in Cantonese). Love the kiddo, he's become a fabulous helper already.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig