the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Happy Saturday!

Rabbit or Toddler?
Sometimes I wonder if I have a rabbit instead of a toddler given his intense love of vegetables and fruits. Maybe it's due to our ancestral farming affinity...here we are making homemade burgers with leftover buns. We picked up some local lettuce and heirloom tomatoes and of course Kasen grabs a leaf and starts munching on it. He loves veggies. His favorites right now are snow peas, crimini mushrooms, broccolini (baby broccoli) and straight up san marzano grape/cherry tomatoes. He was also obsessed with these candy tomatoes from Whole Foods a few weeks ago but I can't find them anymore! I pack them in his lunchbox for a snack and I'm sure the other kids and adults wonder how he can chow down tomatoes like most kids grapes or blueberries. 

Family Watermelon Time!
It was a big day for us! Kasen finally accepted the sippy cup for milk (he's been fine with sippy cups, straw cups, regular cups for everything else - just NOT MILK. AHHHHH) - it's been a constant struggle to get him to give up those damn comotomo bottles - while a blessing in they're so amazing that it's also been a curse! He just LOVES the comotomo bottles. They're soft, squeezey, and comforting. Oh well. The struggle continues but I think we're making major progress. -_-  

Potty training also has been going well - I've completely taken off diapers and pull-ups on weekends and just resorting to underwear. I bought several packs of underwear from Gerber (the padded ones), Hanes and Old Navy. In the morning he had two accidents, but after that he realized how uncomfortable it was to wet his pants and subsequently let me know he had to go in the potty (he uses Chinglish with me - Mama, I have to go niu niu which means go pee pee!). I was pretty thrilled. He went several times throughout the day just wearing his boxer briefs. Woooo, PROGRESS!

The Snoozing K's

Aside from a Target run in the morning to refill our pantry stores, it was a home day spent cleaning and organizing. I was feeling pretty accomplished but by 4:30pm I found the three of them (Ken, Kasen AND Aibo) all passed out while I was busy at work. When they woke up, dinner was already prepared but I was pooped! Needless to say I passed out early while I'm sure they played into the wee hours of the night. It's okay after all because it's the weekend!





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig