the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Friday, March 20, 2015

Five for Friday




First, happy Friday, and happy first day of Spring! My Five for Friday:



1. Mansur Gavriel Bucket Bag.  The supposed Recessionista "It Bag"! I have the large bucket bag in Black/Flamma, and have been thinking about getting another in Brandy/Avion in the long-awaited restock yesterday. I happened to be on FB when Mansur Gavriel popped up in my feed, announcing that they were open! The entire stock sold out in 15 minutes. ACK. So back in stock no longer. Business insider summed up the frenzy perfectly.


2. Kinder Joy Chocolate Eggs. My toddler has a thing for the egg surprises on youtube like every other toddler. I'm not sure what the fascination is - maybe just the anticipation of opening up something new, but my husband tells me that the folks behind each of the handles easily rake in up to $5 million per year just for opening toys and eggs. Unbelievable. In the spirit of the Easter holiday, I decided to get Kasen some of his own from Amazon. They're incredibly hard to find because they aren't sold in the US.



3. Cafe du Monde Coffee & Chicory. I drink coffee. Lots of it. When my husband went on a road trip with his bros from Boston to Houston, one of the stops was to Cafe du Monde. I was so jealous, both for the famous beignets and the coffee. I am living vicariously through the coffee in a can until the day I can go and have one myself there. I found out very recently that Cafe Du Monde's coffee is the main input of Vietnamese coffee! What an awesome bonus.


4. Nike Free 5.0 Mesh Sneakers from Net-a-Porter. Everyone knows I loathe sneakers. But these ones, these ones I could go for. Or rather I already went for. They make me so happy just looking at them. And they're even more vibrant in person. Perfect for running errands and running after the little one in the Spring. And Net-a-Porter has incredibly fast shipping. I got this in a day!

5. How Much (Or Little) The Middle Class Makes, In 30 U.S. Cities. NPR put together an eye opening chart based wealth distribution, and what do families in the middle of the income distribution actually make in the most populous cities in the US. Middle class in Boston, for example is $60,000. I thought it was fascinating and decided it had to be shared.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig