the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Friday, September 21, 2012

What's in your Diaper Bag?



Now that I'm a newly minted mommy, wherever my little Baby K goes the hefty diaper bag also goes. We have the Lesportsac Ryan Diaper Bag ($138) in poof quilted black - while it's a boring black (so it's not embarassing for my husband to carry), the quilted floral print makes it interesting.




The quilted floral print reminds me of the collaboration that Lesportsac did with Stella McCartney years ago. I was so in love with that line, my old NYC roomie Vincy and I own several items from that collab, from travel bags to laptop cases. Anyway, I've always been a fan of Lesportsac, primarily for travel (I own several weekenders in different sizes!), so it was a no brainer to get the baby bag.


To keep organized, we tote Kasen's pampers sensitive diapers in rikshawdesign.com's anchor print diaper pouch - this one's an exclusive with j.crew here for $14.50. the blue anchor print appears to be sold out, but the other prints are still available! We were gifted a baby wipes pouch from jjcole, which we love, where we carry in addition to the wipes a smaller tube of the maximum strength desitin (which we swear by to battle diaper rash!).

On the go we carry pacifier wipes and face & hand wipes - while we hardly use the Arm & Hammer Pacifier wipes because our little man dislikes the pacifier - it's still nice to have because we can start using to safely clean his toys that we know he will eventually put in his mouth. We store the pacifiers (that sadly he doesn't use...but we still keep just in case) in the skip hop pacifier holder that can be hung on the car seat, on the stroller, etc.  For face & hand initially I had purchased Mustela's cleansing cloths - it was the only one I could find at the time, and it was insanely expensive (a whopping $8 per pack of 25). I wasn't a fan of the scent, and happily I stumbled upon johnson & johnson's face and hand wipes ($2 per pack of 25), which were brand new to the market. I love them - they smell amazing and have the same quality I expect from J&J. They are the best hands down, and my husband even raves about them nonstop.

Baby finger nails grow fast, and whenever we did cut Kasen's nails we always found rough edges that could scratch up his delicate skin and face. I went searching for a solution and found the Zoli Buzz B Nail Trimmer, which we purchased from Magic Beans for $24.99. We use it to file the edges down after we cut them as opposed to using it exclusively to file down the nails. It works amazingly, and is really gentle to use. 

For burping and eating, bathing and even sleeping we love none other than aden + anais's burp cloths, bibs, hooded baby bath towels, and swaddling blankets. I swear by them. They're soft and the prints are super cute. 

And of course we always keep extra onesies and rompers on hand. We go through so many unpredictable wardrobe changes during the day (poop, pee, spit-up) because no one wants a squirmy and uncomfortable baby. When Kasen was first born my go-to's were Giggle's better basics organic kimono onesies - since it's side snap style, they never required me to pull anything over baby's head. I would have loved to have bought them in bigger sizes, but alas they only have these in stock for newborn to 3 months (sad mommy face). Now that Kasen's outgrowing 0-3 month, I've started to look elsewhere. My current favorites are from Mini Boden and the first favorites from baby gap because they are sooo soft and the design is so thoughtful (snaps all on the front so you never have to put the garment over baby's head, etc.) - Carter's also makes ones that are both durable, cute, and inexpensive. And you can never have enough baby socks on hand!

For toys we always have the skip hop owl and the world famous french teething giraffe from vulli, sophie.

While not pictured - we always have our little trusty mini cooler with boobie juice in 5 oz. and 8 oz. comotomo bottles. In terms of on the go heating I just recently purchased the Tommee Tippee travel bottle and food warmer - it's essentially a thermos but better. While a little on the chunky side, it keeps water hot when we're on the go and does the job!

What's in your diaper bag? Please do share! Would love to hear what products you love and would recommend for baby!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig