the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Latest Baby Girl Buys

This time around I focused mainly on basics that I would need for the first six months - since baby girl Zhao will be born in May 2016, that means my maternity leave will be during the summer, and she'll be able to dress lighter. I love the fact that I have spring/summer babies - I've always been a winter baby so I'm ecstatic that we'll be able to have birthday parties that can potentially take advantage of the great outdoors.

Bedding Basics: 

Oh Joy! For Target

It is no mystery that I love Joy Cho's blog and style. It's so happy, bright, and cheerful. When I had heard that she was coming out with a new line for Target - namely a nursery line - I made a beeline for the bedding set, fitted sheets, and swaddles. I love bright prints and this will be perfect for our little girl. I'm also sweating the lucite polka dot table and pillows, but they're not yet available so I will just have to resort to ogling/stalking them on Target's website until they are:) I bought the bedding collection in Dots, the fitted sheets in scallop and Dots, and the muslin swaddling blanket in Dots. Can't wait to use them!






Layette Basics: 

Carter's


When Kasen was a newborn, I realized that the only shirts and onesies I used in rotation where the kimono side-snap ones - I hated putting things over his head. I found some inexpensive ones from Carter's - 4 for $16 in pretty spring colors, 3 side-snap onesies for $16, two pack pants for $14 as well as sweet little 3-pack mittens for $8. Right now Diapers.com has an extra 20% blowout sale so it's just a little over $13!

4 side-snap long-sleeved tees

3 side-snap long-sleeved onesies



Magic Beans

I was at Magic Beans, our local Boston-based toy store picking up some items for Kasen and spied these super cute Aden & Anais muslin summer rompers in both pink star and lovely for 50% off ($12.50 a piece!) and these super adorable Aden & Anais swaddles in fluro pink star.





Baby Gap


I concentrated on trying to round out baby girl's wardrobe with a few dressy pieces in the event we needed to go out. I was a complete sucker for these super cute Bunny mary jane flats in gold - I got these for $16.99 plus extra 40% off, so I got a few of them in different sizes. I also picked up several sweet dresses, including this one and this one, this sweet little cable knit pom pom hat, and a pair of these adorable heart knee patch pants.

Floral Tiered Drop Waist Dress

Organic Shirred Dress
Sweetheart Knit Pants

Bunny mary jane flats in gold
J.Crew

Since it looks like J.Crew is discontinuing its baby items, that means I'll be able to nab some basics for next to nothing. I loaded up on the below basics for extra 40% off - that means the $4.99 mittens on clearance were $3.00, and the $7.99 hat is $4.80! I stocked up on several of each. Not too shabby!
Baby Booties in Stripe

Baby Hat in Stripe
Baby Cotton Mittens in Stripe

Freshly Picked

At a local Wellesley baby and toddler boutique I picked these lovely Heirloom moccasins in blush and gold for our little girl. They're 100% genuine leather and just so stinkin' cute!
Other Items

Everything else we have since we never really gave away any of Kasen's old things. Looking forward to getting more use out of all of his baby gear, and his baby toys! Which by the way are all sitting in my mom's basement right now until our house is done!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig