the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Periwinkle Blue + Poppy Red Spring Mani/Pedi








I am loving the colors this spring for nails! As a working mom having 10 (relatively quiet) minutes to myself to do a mani/pedi at home keeps me sane. Admittedly it's a guilty pleasure. Last weekend on a run to Target to pick up favors for my son's dinosaur themed birthday party next month I stopped by the beauty department to see if any of Essie's new colors caught my eye. The Summer Collection, Peach Side Babe is out! I picked up Sunset Sneaks (bright poppy red) and Saltwater Happy (Periwinkle Blue). Gorgeous colors and probably one of my favorite (if not unexpected) combinations to date, with the blue for the mani and the red for the pedi. I did the opposite a couple of weeks ago with Dior's Trafalgar Red and Smith & Cult's Cut the Mullet for the toes. I love Butter London's Nail Foundation as the base to smooth things out - then two coats of the color, and one coat of Essie's amazing Good to Go seals the deal. I've gone through several bottles of Good to Go, it's the best fast drying top coat there is!

Loving this springy color!
Saltwater Happy in the morning light!

Saltwater Happy Mani in the evening

At Wrentham sporting the red mani / blue pedi


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig