the fabulous adventures of a full-time working mom raising a toddler in boston

Friday, March 27, 2015

Five for Friday


1. Davines Love Shampoo and Conditioner. I first discovered this amazing Italian haircare line after getting my haircut at Shag Salon. Not only does it smell amazing, but it leaves my hair incredibly smooth and shiny. Once you try it you will be a convert. It appears however that it is temporarily out of stock on the Davines website though various purveyors on Amazon seem to have it in stock.



2. Weekday Structured Drop Waist Dress. When searching on British online retailer ASOS for some cheap sundresses for an upcoming Caribbean cruise trip with my family, I fell in love with this structured drop waist dress. It has everything I love in a dress - it's comfortable and it's stylish. I typically wear a small, but seeing that it seemed to run big I decided to go for the XS. I received it yesterday and it fits perfectly. Definitely a staple in my closet. I could live in this!


3. J.Crew Factory Boys' Glow-in-the-Dark Dino Chart Storybook Tee. I stumbled on this in my search for some shorts for the aforementioned upcoming holiday given an extra 30% off Gilt City coupon on top of 40% off the entire site. The tee was only $10.85! Kasen is not shy about how much he loves dinosaurs so anytime I come across anything dino related, I will consider adding it to his current wardrobe. This one is especially cool because of the dino chart.


4. How to Get into Goldman Sachs If You Haven't Worked for 5 Years. I never knew "Returnship Programs" existed, but I think it's brilliant. It's a way to capitalize on female talent who are eager to get back into the workforce after having done banking for 6 or 7 years and being out of the market from anywhere from 1 to 20 years. "Returnship’ programs are becoming a big thing for investment banks. Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan Asset Management, Morgan StanleyCredit Suisse, Liberty Mutual and Lloyds Banking Group, are all running programs to attract people who’ve taken career breaks back to the workplace. Most of the participants are women – and most have taken time out to have children. “We recognized many years ago that there’s this talent pool out there,” says Edith Cooper, global head of human capital management at Goldman Sachs. “There’s an untapped pool of highly qualified individuals who have been on a career break while caring for their families, and we want them back,” Ailsa Saltrese, European head of Morgan Stanley’s lateral recruiting team, told the Evening Standard in London."There's hope for us struggling working moms and SAHMs.


5. Original Ray Ban Aviator Sunglasses with Flash Mirror Lens. My sister-in-law is in a rush to find some flash mirror lens aviators because it's apparently all the rage in Hong Kong. It's rare that trends start here first and proliferate globally (the flash mirror lens aviators became popular here last year!). The last time she was here she was determined to get a pair of Tory Burch Reva Flats. I wonder when Mansur Gavriel will makes it way to the trend list there?



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a tiny spark of happenstance | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig